Homecoming 2020 set to begin

Morton ISD will host Homecoming 2020 the week of September 21 – September 25.

The Student Council from the Secondary campus has been working on details for the past week.  The restrictions imposed by COVID-19 have created some challenges for the Student Council and the Class of 2021 in preparing for a memorable event.

The theme for this year’s Homecoming is “Back to the 80s”.

Students will be decorating select businesses in town to honor their class.

Due to COVID restrictions, all events will require the use of social distancing and face masks, other than for photos.

Secondary campus Spirit Week

Schedule of Activities

Elementary campus Spirit Week

Spirit Week will begin Monday and continue through Friday at both campuses.  Spirit Week will be highlighted by dress-up days each day including Pajama Day, Color Wars, 80s Day, Twin Day, Cowboy Day, and Indian Spirit Day.

Senior Bonfire will be at the county grounds on Thursday, September 24 at dusk.  Seniors, football players, cheerleaders, band members, and yearbook photographers will be the only students allowed at the bonfire.  Parents and others may attend in their vehicle only at the top of the fire pit.

Friday, September 25 is Homecoming Day.  Beat the Drum begins at 7 a.m. and will continue all day long.  Line up for the Homecoming Parade will begin at 1:00 by City Hall.  The parade will begin at 2:00 and continue to the football field.  The Pep Rally will begin in the stadium at 2:30 and will include introductions of the Homecoming Court and the announcement of Homecoming King, Football Sweetheart, Band Sweetheart, and Football Beau.  Following the pep rally, the Booster Club will offer brisket sandwiches pre-game from 5:30 – 6:30.  Pre-game activities begin at 6:30 with the introduction of the Homecoming Court and the announcement of the 2020 Homecoming Queen.  The football game against Kress will begin at 7:30.