Preparing for the Christmas Parade

Back to Article
Back to Article

Preparing for the Christmas Parade

Melody Joy Maldonado, For The Tribe

It’s the most wonderful time of the year here in Morton, Texas. Christmas lights, decorations in front yards, and Christmas music playing all around.

The 12th of December is the newly added Christmas parade. This parade will feature Morton’s finest. The Morton High School Student Council is preparing its own float to feature in the Christmas parade.

Mr. Hill as The Grinch and Jose Rivera in his Christmas PJs on the Student Council float in the December 12 Christmas Parade in Morton.

Those a part of the Student Council is spending “Tribe Time” to prepare their float. They gathered donated decorations from their adviser, Russell Hill. He donated lights, garland, and reindeer antlers for the students to wear on the float. Malachi Villarreal and Jose Rivera donated the trailer they made for Student Council to decorate. Melody Maldonado, Haili Smith-Morin, Mikayla Morin, and Haleigh Guajardo helped decorate signs for the float and came up with the ideas for the theme.

This week, Student Council plans on decorating the float to be ready for Thursday’s parade. So if you are in town, and want a little Christmas spirit to be sure to come and enjoy some candy thrown from the floats. The Christmas parade starts at 5:30 pm at Strickland Pond.