Tribe

Getting to know: Blayne DeBusk

Back to Article
Back to Article

Getting to know: Blayne DeBusk

Senior Blayne DeBusk

Senior Blayne DeBusk

Lifetouch portrait

Senior Blayne DeBusk

Lifetouch portrait

Lifetouch portrait

Senior Blayne DeBusk

Jose Ponce Gaytan, Tribe reporter

Most of us know some seniors that we don’t know in person but know on the social media? From what people post on social media, you soon find out that in real life they are different people.

On social media senior Blayne DeBusk only shows school and sports but it doesn’t give a good representation of what he is like as a person.

Blayne Debusk is from Portales, New Mexico. When he was living in Portales he broke two bones in his forearm. When he was growing up all he did is played sports.

Blayne favorite class is history. He loves to know about the United States and other countries as well. This might be because his dad was a history teacher in Morton.

FFA consumes a lot of Blayne’s time. He likes to stock show pigs and plans to do so again this year. He has stock show the past two years and he did very well. In school he has four Ag classes including Ag mechanics, so he is heavily involved with agriculture in school.

His father has always told him that “you never give up, you always go 100 miles per hour and 100 percent of that time.”

In his free time, he will hang out with friends or he will play games. If you get to know him really well he is a very good kid, he is funny but a little shy. When you get to know him well you can play games with him he is good at any game such as “Fortnite”. He is also very good at “Call of Duty” and at “Madden”.

His father always told him that “always keep your head up and never look down”

His dream after high school is to go to Albuquerque, New Mexico to go to the New Mexico Military Institute. He wants to go for only two years.

He moved from Portales to Morton in 7th grade and since then played football, basketball and he started to play baseball and golf when he got to High School. He has always been athletic. In football he was always on the line and this year he was the center, but due to injury to his arm and shoulder he has not been able to play much this year.

In basketball he is one of Morton’s top shooters. He had a severe injury to his eye last year in basketball, but was able to bounce back in time to play in the playoffs.

In baseball he plays third base for the Indians. He is a good hitter but must be careful because of his shoulder injury. Also he is on the golf team.

His father always said “your time will come. Have some patience and the time will go by quickly.”

His favorite thing about senior year is that it is his last year of high school, but he is ready to go out to the real world.

Blayne has some advice to the new senior class coming up next year.

“Be responsible and respectful because even if you don’t notice it there is always someone watching you,” DeBusk said.  “And have the most fun you can have cause after graduation it is over.”