Prom 2022 brings smiles to many

Red carpet affair celebrates the end of the 2021-2022 school year

Russell Hill

Edwyn Rivera and Nissa Navarette, 2022 Prom King and Queen

Several days of intensive preparation last week culminated on Saturday night with Prom 2022 at the secondary campus.  The junior class was planning and preparing for several weeks and spent the day on Friday transforming the multipurpose room into a ballroom.

As guests arrived, they were treated to a personalized announcement from Principal Rina Ramos as they walked up the red carpet to the special arch while paparazzi cameras (moms) clicked away.  They were treated to valet parking by some of the high school staff.

Once inside, students had a variety of photo options including a photo booth, selfie station, and a cloud backdrop.

In the ballroom, large tables covered with assorted snacks and food were present for the guests.

Music was provided by DJ Eliseo Ramon.  Students danced the night away to a variety of tunes.

Seniors Andrea Casteneda and Jesus Esquivel are on the dance floor. (Russell Hill)

At 10:00 p.m. the King and Queen were announced by Principal Ramos.  The 2022 Prom King is Edwyn Rivera and the 2022 Prom Queen is Nissa Navarette.

Later, the last song was played and students went home for the evening while school staff transformed the ballroom back into the multipurpose room for school on Monday.

Left to right: Junior Sierra Arredondo, Senior Andrea Casteneda, Junior Clarissa Holland, Senior Nissa Navarette, Senior Michelle Ponce, Junior Lali Navarette, Junior Neveah Marquez, and Senior Galilea Perez (Russell Hill)