CTE Camp kicks off

Incoming freshmen get overview of career clusters

CTE Camp students have just completed the “cross the swamp” leadership and teamwork exercise on Day 1.

Incoming freshmen began their high school journey today by attending the first day of CTE Summer Camp.  The camp is designed for all incoming freshmen to get an “up close and personal” view of the various CTE career clusters and pathways offered at Morton High School.

Yanez_camp
Luis Yanez with his new earbuds. Luis was drawn as the daily winner on Day 1 of CTE Camp

The first day activities centered around information about each pathway and playing some games to build teamwork and leadership.  Students were all entered into a daily prize drawing.  Today’s winner was Luis Yanez, winner of a pair of earbuds.  There will also be weekly prize drawings and a grand prize at the end of the camp.

Activities for the camp, listed on the school website mortonisd.net, include field trips to South Plains College Media Arts, Texas Tech University College of Media and Communication, SPC Culinary Arts School, Lynn County Hospital, The Science Spectrum, and many area businesses.  Students received t-shirts and other items.

Tomorrow the campers will head to Littlefield to the Hillcrest Funeral Home and will have lunch and a food presentation at Locos Tacos.  Wednesday the group will head to The Science Spectrum in Lubbock and Thursday they go to Tahoka to the Lynn County Hospital.

Principal Mrs. Ramos addresses the campers on day 1.