CTE groups hold summer camp

Incoming ninth graders get taste of CTE course offerings

Russell Hill

Campers at the Museum of Agriculture tour in Lubbock.

Russell Hill, For The Tribe

The Morton CTE groups hosted a summer camp for incoming freshmen July 6-23.  The program was designed to let the new freshmen see what the CTE programs are all about so they could decide on a pathway or two to pursue in the upcoming school year.

The students were taken around to learn the school layout, and learn what each program has to offer them in Family and Consumer Sciences, Health Science, Agricultural Sciences, and Media Arts.

As the camp ended, students were able to “sign” a letter of intent to pursue the career pathway of their choice.

Camp schedule:

Monday, July 6 – Welcome and introduction to programs

Tuesday, July 7 – Rotations through the four programs of interest with games and activities

Wednesday, July 8 – CPR Training and Career Inventory

Thursday, July 9 –  Field Trip to Lubbock to Restaurant Supply and Tom’s Tree Place Nursery

Monday, July 13 – Rotations through the four programs of interest with hands-on activities

Tuesday, July 14 – Rotations through the four programs of interest with hands-on activities

Wednesday – July 15 – Field Trip to Littlefield to Day Care Center, South Plains College Video Production in Levelland

Thursday – July 16 – Field Trip to Lubbock to Agriculture Museum, and presentation from iCEV

Monday, July 20 – Rotations through the four programs of interest with hands-on activities

Tuesday, July 21 – Rotations through the four programs of interest with hands-on activities

Wednesday, July 22 – Rotations through the four programs of interest with hands-on activities

Thursday, July 23 – Closing ceremonies.  Parents are invited for presentations, food, prizes, and signing.